Doyalson Wyee RSL Sub Branch
The Doyalson Wyee Sub Branch was formed on the 22nd November 1958. It was formed with only 11 foundation members. This was barely enough members to form the Sub Branch. The requirement was to have at least 10 returned servicemen who were not already members of the RSL to form a Sub Branch. Mr Keith Kelly and Jack Haigh canvassed the area to muster the required number.
The inaugural meeting was held in the former Doyalson Agricultural Bureau Hall located next to the partly built Doyalson Ambulance Station near the cross roads. The Sub Branch's first President was Mr Jack Haigh, Secretary Cliff Harvey, and Treasurer Mr Ken Douglas. Mr Keith Kelly and H.J. ("Cappy") Scott were the first auditors. The Women's Auxiliary came into being very soon after the Sub Branch and was represented at the charter presentation ceremony.
Doyalson Wyee Sub Branch's first ANZAC Day march took place in 1960. The late Jack Haigh is the Flag bearer. The lady in the dark coat is the well-known Mrs Hogg, who lives at Mannering Park and was a nursing sister in the Great War (WW1). There was no band for the march on that wet ANZAC Day, but the diggers were accompanied by the Wyee Junior Red Cross.
Today the Sub Branch has approximately 400 members and there are regularly approximately 100 members in attendence at the monthly meetings.The Monthly meetings are held on the fourth Sunday of every month, except December.